Child Care Assistant
Make a difference and have fun doing it! Volunteer to help as a day care assistant and help the families in your community.
The Salvation Army is currently in need of Day Care Assistance at three locations:
- Garden Street Corps, Oakland -volunteers needed on Tuesday and Fridays from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Hayward Corps, Hayward- volunteers needed on Tuesday and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. and Wednesdays from 5p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Tri-Cities Corps, Newark- volunteers needed on Sunday from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- Work and relate well with people of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Maintain proper Child Safety procedures
- Ability to use appropriate positive discipline consistently, handle security and crisis situations calmly, sensitivity to children’s individual needs
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability & dependability
- Possess a love of children and the necessary patience to work with youth
- Experience or education in Child Development or Child Education a plus
- Must be in good physical and mental health
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Child Development
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- minimum of a shift a week
- Must be at least 16 years old and have experience working with young children
- Child Care Assistant
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Serve Freshly Cooked Meals
- Content Writer / Internal...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Emergency Disaster Team Volunteer
- Bingo Assistant
- Bike Mechanic
- Ceramics Instructor
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant