The Jeanette Rankin Peace Center is a non-profit group working for our community peace and social justice through action and education projects that promote tolerance and understanding of diversity. The items in the store are hand-crafted, beautiful and come from all over the world.
Serve as an "ambassador" for JRPC by informing customers about Fair Trade and JRPC. We reward our volunteers with Fair Trade chocolate!
- Greet customers
- Explain a little about Fair Trade and JRPC
- Conduct sales, oversee check in/out of books, assist with clerical tasks as needed
- Price incoming items and arrange displays
- Help keep store clean and neat
- Ability to be friendly and meet the public.
- Previous experience with retail sales.
- Basic math and computer skills
- Share an interest in and dedication to building peace and social justice in ways compatible with JRPC mission and values.
- People Skills
- Public Relations
- Retail / Sales
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Mon thru Sat, 10am-6pm, 2 or 3 hour shifts.
- May require long periods of standing.