Arts and Cultural Connections Program Support Internship Description
Changing Worlds' mission is to foster inclusive communities through oral history, writing and art programs that improve student learning, affirm identity and enhance cross-cultural understanding. Our unique programming approach integrates writing, theatre, dance, or visual art into uniquely designed curriculum to examine global and domestic cultures, family history, and community. This dynamic approach helps participants explore their own backgrounds and promote cultural understanding while strengthening their academic and arts learning skills.
The Arts and Cultural Connections Program Support Intern will work directly with the Changing Worlds’ Manager of After School and Community Outreach Programs in the management of after school and outreach projects.
Interns are expected to commit to 15 hours a week. The fall internship ranges from September 12, 2016-February 2, 2017.
- Assist in the documentation of program classes and culminating events
- Assist with the collection, and organization of all documents disseminated to students and schools (intake forms, TA onboarding forms, attendance sheets, student reflections, and contracts)
- Manage the residency master scheduling grid in consultation with Manager and other Program Staff
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and implementation of field trips and special events related to programs as directed
- Assist in the development and implementation of TA professional development sessions including United Way training and Department of Family and Social Services training
- Assist in the collection of data for grants and other major funders
- Assist with program communication with school-based program coordinators
- Assist with scheduling of TA and administrative meetings
- Assist in the coordination of Changing Worlds traveling exhibit with community centers and other sites
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge and/or interest in arts education
- Ability to multi task and prioritize
- Strong problem solving skills
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 5, 2016.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Administrative Support
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours