Irvine Nature Center is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and organized intern to prepare for and lead hands-on, outdoor environmental education programs for school-aged children. The intern will be trained to implement science-based lesson plans and will learn local natural history, trailside activities, and teaching techniques. Other general duties include assisting with live animal care, program materials maintenance, trail and garden work, and exhibit interpretation.
- Applicants must be interested in natural sciences, environmental science, science education, outdoor recreation, or related fields
- Work experience with children
- Strong interest in the environment and natural history
- Strong interest in education
- Familiarity with (or enthusiasm to learn) a variety of environmental education activities
- Your own transportation
- Excellent communication skills
Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Outdoor Education, or Human Services. Natural sciences, Environmental Science or related fields also considered.
- People Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- Animal Care / Handling
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20-30 hrs/wk, must have availability b/w 8am-4pm
- After-School Program Intern
- Are you handy and like the...
- Project Clean Stream
- Earth Friends Homeschool Program...
- Children’s Nature Series...
- Nature Preschool Volunteers
- Special Event Intern
- Do you have a green thumb? Join...
- Forest Dreamers Volunteers
- Volunteer Naturalist
- Animal Care & Exhibits Intern
- Development Intern
- Youth Program Leader- Summer...
- Naturalist Intern