The mission of Turn-A-Frown Around (TAFA) Foundation, Inc. is to end loneliness, one Forever Friendship at a time. TAFA recognizes that friendships promote health, wellness, and add to an improved quality of life, especially for those needing long term care. This problem is too major, but the solution is too simple to ignore.
TAFA is looking for a People Operations Specialist who will be part of the People Operations team and report to Director of People Operations. The person will support different TAFA initiatives by engaging various projects, facilities, groups, volunteers and data. This position is open to creativity and structure for organizational development and individual development purposes.
- This is a volunteer (unpaid), virtual, for-credit position.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Support various TAFA initiatives in development of TAFA's goals and growth.
- Communicate with Director(s) to complete data collection/research (e.g., radio stations for marketing, facility Smile Station Start-up with mental health, and school collaboration for student engagement, etc.).
- Report findings, questions, and troubles to Director(s) and gain feedback via weekly half-hour Skype/phone calls.
- Perform any ad hoc duties ad required.
School/work experience in at least one of the following areas: research, reading, Excel spreadsheet work (collecting data), and/or data analysis.
A successful candidate has been exposed to projects/clubs/organizations from scratch or startup environments.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Reader/Acrobat
- Google (Gmail, Drive, & Calendar)
- Skype (Screen Share)
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Data Analysis
TAFA VALUES:TAFA looks for individuals with a sense of confident responsibility, achievement orientation, and strong ethics. Someone can excel as a volunteer when they bring in community involvement, innovate current systems/processes, and find a passion to motivate and drive us to succeed in the mission of ending loneliness. We are interested in growth, development, and, most importantly, creating a movement of caring across the United States and onward. Teamwork can be an integral aspect of the volunteering when virtual communication between volunteers occurs. We seek people who are up for the challenge of ending loneliness by being flexible, autonomous, and driven toward making the world a better place.
HOW TO APPLY
Please note: volunteers/interns in TAFA are required to be at least 18 years old.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject format: TAFA People Operations Specialist - VolunteerMatch - Your Name.
- Required material: an updated resume, doc or pdf.
- Optional material: a cover letter, doc or pdf.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18