Good with computers? Have teaching experience? Help make a difference in your community and volunteer to teach computer literacy!
Teachers needed in four locations:
- The Salvation Army Chinatown Corps- Oakland, CA -fluency in Cantonese or Mandarin necessary
- The Salvation Army Garden Street Corps- Oakland, CA
- The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center- Oakland, CA
- The Salvation Army Hayward Corps- Hayward, CA
- The Salvation Army Tri-Cities Corps- Newark, CA
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Plan a curriculum with steps for teaching the computer class
- Actively encourage consistent attendance
- Basic computer skills needed, including how to use Microsoft programs, manage computer files, send emails, surf the internet and other skills related to using a computer at home as well as in the workplace
- Knowledge of best teaching practices
- Ability to communicate with diverse population
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability & dependability.
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Computer Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of a shift a week
- Child Care Assistant
- Community Garden Volunteer
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Financial Literacy Workshop...
- Employment Readiness Workshop...
- Part-time Chaplain
- Beginner Piano Instructor
- Help Serve Food for our Senior...
- Positive Parenting Workshop...
- Sunday Night Community Dinner...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Volunteer Pianist
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant