Support The Salvation Army! Help us help others in need by manning the front desk.
The Salvation Army is currently seeking a volunteer receptionist at three locations:
- Tri Cities Corps in Newark
- Hayward Corps in Hayward
- Garden Street Corps in Oakland
Shifts available Monday through Friday anytime between 9 a.m.to 5 p.m.
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Answer phone lines and direct calls as appropriate.
- Answer basic questions about The Salvation Army. Information will be provided at training.
- Take complete messages, including a thorough description and the name and contact information of the party calling.
- Refer clients to external organizations and services where necessary.
Volunteers will be properly trained, no experience necessary!
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of a shift a week
- Child Care Assistant
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Tri-Cities Kettle Kickoff Helpers
- Help Prepare and Serve food at...
- Part-time Chaplain
- Help Prepare and Serve Food for...
- Help Distribute Thanksgiving...
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Holiday Events Coordinator
- Help Box Holiday Food for...
- Help Distribute Holiday Food and...
- Help Sort and bag Christmas Toys
- Help People Sign Up for Seasonal...
- Fitness Instructor
- Holiday Festival Helpers
- Administrative Assistant