Support The Salvation Army! Help us help others in need by manning the front desk.
The Salvation Army is currently seeking a volunteer receptionist at three locations:
- Tri Cities Corps in Newark
- Hayward Corps in Hayward
- Garden Street Corps in Oakland
Shifts available Monday through Friday anytime between 9 a.m.to 5 p.m.
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Answer phone lines and direct calls as appropriate.
- Answer basic questions about The Salvation Army. Information will be provided at training.
- Take complete messages, including a thorough description and the name and contact information of the party calling.
- Refer clients to external organizations and services where necessary.
Volunteers will be properly trained, no experience necessary!
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of a shift a week
- Child Care Assistant
- Senior Exercise Instructor
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- ESL Teacher
- Summer Camp Assistant Instructors
- Help with USDA food distribution
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Emergency Disaster Team Volunteer
- Bingo Assistant
- Bike Mechanic
- After School Program Tutor
- Ceramics Instructor
- Fitness Instructor
- Administrative Assistant
- Arts & Crafts Instructor