Support The Salvation Army! Help us help others in need by manning the front desk.
The Salvation Army in Alameda County is currently seeking a volunteer receptionist who can work at the front desk as a greeter and answer phones.
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Answer phone lines and direct calls as appropriate.
- Answer basic questions about The Salvation Army. Information will be provided at training.
- Take complete messages, including a thorough description and the name and contact information of the party calling.
- Refer clients to external organizations and services where necessary.
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability & dependability.
- Ability to meet time commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with diverse populations
- Ability to work in a busy environment
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Minimum of a shift a week
- Child Care Assistant
- Kitchen Assistant
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- Administrative Aide
- ESL Teacher
- Guitar Instructor
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Help with USDA food distribution
- GED Instructor
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Emergency Disaster Team Volunteer
- Bingo Assistant
- After School Program Tutor
- Social Media Guru
- Sunday School Teacher
- Program Assistant
- Part-time Chaplain
- Fitness Instructor