Who We Are
Long Beach BLAST is a non-profit organization that reaches out to connect caring college students with youth in Long Beach who are facing adversity. The youth gain a positive role model and encouragement towards a brighter future. Volunteers have the opportunity to get away from stress, experience a deeper sense of purpose, and put their unique skills to use. Our outstanding program assist youth in basic life skills, goal setting, character development, establishing trusting relationships, and academic success.
Our Mission & Vision
Our mission is to improve success for at-risk students through collaboration and innovative approaches to mentoring and learning. BLAST is committed to changing the lives of youth facing adversity. Together our Board of Directors, staff, community partners and volunteers focus on innovative approaches to mentoring and learning.
Our vision statement is for every student to be inspired to succeed academically and personally.
BLAST facilitates a couple different volunteer opportunities to share our passion and skills, and overall, expand our reach as an organization to inspire and support youth facing adversity.
Be an Academic Mentor - All it takes is a genuine compassion and care for youth, t he ability to role model good behavior and encourage academic and personal growth.
Be an Office Volunteer - Assist the organization or programs in an office setting to gain administrative experience
1. Inspire a youth - You will be able to give back by having the opportunity to help others
2. Gain Knowledge - Learn the ins and outs of a non-profit organization
3. Create connections - Be one of our 600 yearly volunteers, network with teachers and faculty
4. Gain a sense of accomplishment - You will be given the opportunity to make a positive impact in a life
5. Explore career options - Receive hands on experience with youth and witness first hand the various options in the education field.
6. Build your brand and resume - Volunteering will help you be admitted into the college you want, or help you get the job of your dreams
How to contact us
For more information; please contact Hailey Barker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit our website at
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- You must complete at least 20 hrs and 8 weeks.
- TB test, 3 hours of training