PROVAIL, a multi-service agency dedicated to empowering people with disabilities to live life according to their own choices, is seeking an intern to assist with our grant research and writing process. At PROVAIL, we see a world where all people live life based on their own choices and we work toward a community that maximizes accessibility and inclusion of all. We are dedicated to the three focus areas; Mobility & Communication, Employment, and Home & Lifestyle. Through these areas, PROVAIL supports people with disabilities to access the tools and technology they need to communicate and interact with their community, obtain community-based paid employment, and gain access to the home and lifestyle options of their choice.
The Position: This position assists in various aspects of grant writing and research to help secure funding for PROVAIL’s programs. This opportunity is an ideal fit for a college student with strong writing and research skills who is interested in exploring nonprofit fundraising.
Reports to: Relationship Manger, Grants
Hours: 8-12 hours per week. Flexible schedule within established guidelines.
Term of Position: Requires a 16-week commitment and can be renewed based on mutual agreement.
- Identify grant opportunities that are a strong fit with PROVAIL’s programs and relevant to the agency’s mission, goals, and strategic plan, including grants available this year and future grant prospects.
- Research, compile, and organize current and historical Seattle area, King and Snohomish County, Washington State, and national statistical and resource information to support program needs.
- Gather up-to-date information on federal, state, and local trends and issues that affect PROVAIL programs and clients.
- Secure supporting data, documentation, and letters of support to enhance grant applications.
- Draft letters of inquiry for identified funding matches.
- Write and compile materials for small grant applications.
- Assist with proofreading and editing of final projects.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. However, this opportunity provides the following benefits:
- Academic Credit: If available through your college/university, PROVAIL will complete any necessary forms to demonstrate eligibility.
- Inside look and active involvement in fundraising for a nonprofit organization.
- Solid resume builder and future employment reference.
- Proficiency with internet research.
- Well versed in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Committed to supporting PROVAIL’s mission and clients.
- Ability to prioritize projects and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Thrives in an environment that requires both independent and collaborative work.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. In the cover letter please address:
- Why you are interested in the internship at PROVAIL.
- What your goals and expectations are for the internship.
- What skills you believe would be an asset to our organization.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Requires a 16- week commitment; 8-12 hours a week.
- Disability Sector Research Intern
- Support Brain Injury Survivors...
- Support Local Students with...
- Work with Brain Injury Survivors!
- Support People with Disabilities...
- 2016 Fall Augmentative and...
- Volunteer with PROVAIL at...
- Development and Fundraising Intern
- Build Your Fundraising Skills...
- Grant Writing and Research Intern
- Build Your Event Planning Skills...