The Chinese Culture Center(CCC) is looking for a talented Editorial and Content Intern.
You will be working with CCC’s Research Fellow on developing and maintaining our new online journal, Intersperse, which speaks on the diasporic experience as it relates to issues of social justice and the arts. The publication accepts both critical and creative pieces.
Responsibilities include outreach/marketing for submissions, editing submitted content, transcribing and conducting interviews, and producing content in the form of critical commentary, articles, and essays. You will be credited as an Editor on Intersperse's webpage.
- Experience in and zeal for writing and editing
- Passionate about diasporic community, social justice, and art
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Familiarity with web and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Motivation, promptness, and efficiency
- Fluency in word processing applications
- Basic design and aesthetic instincts
- Bilingual reading and writing in Chinese and English helpful
The ideal candidate possesses or is working towards a BA in the humanities - Ethnic Studies or Art History preferred - and possesses a baseline knowledge of issues in social justice.
The position is unpaid. One day minimum in the office, and about 10-15 hours of commitment (off and on-site) expected. Three month minimum commitment to start.
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and a 2 page English writing sample (preferably on related topics) to victorl[at]c-c-c.org. No phone calls please.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Three months minimum.
- 10-15 hours a week expected. One day on-site minimum.