It's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
379 12 StreetOakland, CA 94607
Support The Salvation Army! Help us help others in need by helping the cook in preparing and serving food and cleaning up the kitchen and dining area after.
The Salvation Army in Alameda County is currently seeking a Volunteer Kitchen Assistant in four locations:
- The Salvation Army Garden Street Corps. Flexible schedule. Volunteers needed every day, anytime between 8a.m. to 6:30p.m.
- The Salvation Army Chinatown Corps. Shifts available Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.- prefer volunteers that are fluent in Cantonese or Mandarin
- The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center. Shifts available Monday through Friday anytime between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- The Salvation Army Tri-Cities Corps. Shifts available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Attend initial training to understand both The Salvation Army's mission and programs and the requirements of the position.
- Volunteers will help the cook in preparing and serving food and cleaning up the kitchen and dining area after.
- Uphold The Salvation Army client confidentially policies and procedures.
- Should have some knowledge of cooking and basic kitchen skills.
- Pleasant manner, patience, problem-solving ability & dependability.
- Ability to meet time commitments.
- Volunteer should be able to lift at least 30lbs, be able to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work in a busy environment.
- Volunteers with a food handling certification would be a plus.
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
- Cooking / Catering
- Food & Beverage Services
- Food Service
Requirements & Commitment
- Serve Safe certified preferred but not required
Report this opportunity