The Veteran-to-Veteran Volunteer Program aims to pair recruited Veteran Volunteers with hospice patients who have been identified as Veterans. Once paired with hospice patients who also have military experience, Veteran Volunteers have the unique ability to relate and connect with Veteran patients and their families.
* If you are a Veteran wanting to volunteer some time, you could make visits to a Veteran on Hospice.
* Share your military histories
* Educate and assist patient in receiving Veteran benefits
* Assist Veteran in reminiscing /telling life stories
* Play cards, read, be a listening ear
Volunteers are required to have a background check and complete training but the rewards will last a lifetime. Please call for further information:
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Open to the volunteers available days and times.
- Military Experience