Volunteer Focus on Veterans
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
74 people are interested
Make a Difference for Veterans! Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org
Here is the opportunity you have been looking for to support Women and Women's Rights:
- Make the world a better place. You can help nonprofits that support Women and Women's rights (as well as other causes you care about) capture some of the $250 billion Americans spend each year buying presents.
- Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent.
- Assume responsibility. Be a leader.
- Learn a tremendous amount.
- Work with great people from around the world and have the best time.
- Enhance your resume and get a glowing letter recommendation.
- Work in our Manhattan office or remotely.
- You will engage nonprofits, foundations, associations, thought leaders, media, social media, partners, and celebrities. You will help grow the movement to facilitate and encourage this type of meaningful giving.
Use your professional skills in any of these fields: strategy, partnerships, finance, communications, social media, graphics, research, community management, Public Relations (PR), Human Resources (HR), marketing, event management, organizing, and activism.
Focus on your favorite cause, Support Women and Women's Rights or other causes, including: Disaster Relief, Education, Housing, Human Rights, Hunger, Millennium Goals, Water, Community, Aging, Arts & Culture, Children & Youth, Civil Society, Peace, Public Broadcast, Refugees, Veterans, Women, Environment, Agriculture, Animal Welfare, Environment, Global Warming, Health and Safety, Blindness & Vision, Bullying, Slavery and Human Trafficking, Cancer, Disabilities, Global Health, HIV/AIDS, Landmines, LGBTQ, Medical Research, Literacy, Mental Health, Population, Opportunity, Micro-credit, Poverty Alleviation, Social Entrepreneurs, Technology and the Digital Divide, Music Education, Art Education, STEM Education, Books for kids, Catholic, Christian, Jewish, Religious, Churches, Hispanic, African-American, Asian, Indian, Chinese, etc.
Channeling New Funds to Nonprofits
While a million nonprofits desperately need more funding, Americans spend $250 billion a year on birthday, holiday, and other presents. A pioneering nonprofit, Heifer International, has shown that nonprofits can capture some of that money by making donations, given in a friend’s name, feel like a present. It works! They raise $115 million a year this way. Imagine how much more gift money could be captured by nonprofits addressing popular causes, including your favorites. The challenge is that it is too daunting for most nonprofits to provide a gift-like experience: tangible donation opportunities, wish lists, gift registries, and personalized printed greeting cards.
Our nonprofit site provides a gift-like experience, which helps 400 leading nonprofits capture money normally spent on traditional presents. The NY Times called it an "amazon.com of the nonprofit world." We are now about to invite all million nonprofits to join the site. We are also providing each with their own private, charitable gift sites so they can send supporters without exposing them to other nonprofits. See a sample: http://SampleNGO.GiftsForHumanity.org. We facilitate this type of giving for individuals and nonprofits, and we promote this as a social norm.
This is a great place to work. We have interns and volunteers from all over the United States and all around the world. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
Who, Where, When
- We are glad to hear from great high school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make the greatest impact with their skills.
- Work at our office or remotely. We are conveniently located at 7th Avenue and 33 Street, across from Penn Station in Manhattan.
- Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. We are glad to have your help whenever and wherever you are available.
We provide a great experience, but this is an unpaid position.
Learn More, Apply Now, and Share
Are you ready for a great experience and eager to make a difference? Please see the slideshow at www.ChangingThePresent-Join.org.
Then send a resume and short cover letter (which should say if you will be here or remote, and when you would want to join us) to: join [AT] ChangingThePresent.org
You can also help when you share word of this opportunity via social media and other channels. The Banners page of the site above has images that are just the right size for Facebook and Twitter.
About Changing The Present
401 7th Avenue, level B, New York, NY 10001, US
We are launching our new website, which involves inviting the participation of all one million nonprofits, providing each with their own private gift site, and promoting this growing social norm: You don’t have to buy stuff to show your love; instead, you can do something meaningful in a friend’s name.
ChangingThePresent is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which helps channel to nonprofits some of the $250 Americans spend each year on birthday, holiday, and other gifts, by making the experience of giving a donation in a friend’s name feel like a gift with tangible giving opportunities, wish lists, registries, and beautiful, personalized printed greeting cards. The New York Times referred to the site as an "amazon.com of the nonprofit world." You may recognize this as the approach proven by Heifer International, which raises $115 million a year by letting people donate to fund farm animals in a friend’s name. If farm animals can attract that much money, imagine how much is available for more popular causes.
We'll work with your schedule.
401 7th Avenue, level BNew York, NY 10001
- Data Entry
- Resource Development / Management
- Office Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Human Resources Assistance
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 17