This person or persons will be responsible for marketing the annual Palisadoes Foundation Calico Challenge. We are looking for persons both within and outside Jamaica.
The Palisadoes Foundation LLC is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization registered in California. It was conceived by a group of Jamaican technology professionals interested in assisting in the continued development new and existing technologies in Jamaica.
Palisadoes focuses on the field of software engineering eduction. The field is a growing extension of Jamaica's successful call center service sector. A workforce educated with the required skills is important in the development of any modern economy. Fortunately, many of the required tools and educational materials are freely available on the Internet. Access to mentors is facilitated by web conferencing too.
About the Calico Challenge
The annual Calico Challenge, run by the Palisadoes Foundation in collaboration with the Jamaica Computer Society, takes advantage of this access to provide stipends for students to participate in international open source projects under the guidance of a mentor.
Responsibilities and Duties
We have a limited budget, but lots to do.
- Keep relevant persons informed of notable developments at the Palisadoes Foundation and the Calico Challenge using all forms of media.
- Search and obtain funding opportunities to sustain and expand the program, specifically focusing on private donors, family foundations, regional corporate sponsorships, community fundraising, government funding, and other sources.
- Develop and follow fundraising strategy, calendar and goals
- Write competitive grant applications after identifying corporate/foundation funding opportunities when necessary.
- Build lists, contact, meet, and steward multiple donors
- Develop, produce and distribute sponsorship packages
- Plan and execute fundraising events
- Produce and deliver professional correspondence including thank you letters
- Develop professional information packets.
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience desired
- Ability to cultivate fundraising relationships and funding sources to sustain program operations
- Superior organizational and interpersonal skills; friendly and professional demeanor; ability to maintain and develop positive relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Writing samples required.
- Must be meticulous in attention to detail, including composing and proofing materials
- Familiarity with how non-profits function
- Interest and ability to work as part of a collaborative team
- Good judgment and a sense of boundaries with ability to keep client information confidential in environment with frequent client interaction
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
- Donor Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Grant Writing / Research
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-4 hours / week