Work with Children in our Child Life Department
DONATE TO THIS
97 people are interested
Child Life Department - offers two areas of focus for our volunteers, School Aged and Adolescent (SA/A) Program (children ages 3-18) and the Infant and Early Childhood (IEC) (newborn to age 3) development program. Both provide therapeutic development and rehabilitation through play.
Each program requires significant orientation and training. The following outlines the duties and responsibilities of these two positions:
- Required two hour commitment, same day, same time, each week for one year. The consistency allows us to plan your time so you can be fully engaged with each child and assist our staff with an important rehabilitation activity.
- You must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- You must be able to get down on the floor and have strong balance and support to interact and play with the children.
- Extensive training is required to work with our medically fragile children. You may care for a child who has an active illness. Part of our training teaches you how to use personal protective equipment (gown, gloves, mask) to keep you and the child safe during your visit.
- Each child is unique and special in their own way. You may be assigned a child that is not as responsive as another child, but will benefit from the same care, nurturing and attention.
- In addition to your time with the children, you will also be needed to assist with toy washing, documentation of visits and picking up after play.
We'll work with your schedule.
1708 West Rogers AvenueBaltimore, MD 21209
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Special Needs
- Children Medical Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two hours per week for 100 hours or more
- drug screen, ppd, flu vaccination (in season), background screening and health assessment