Make A Difference - Board, Committee & Internship Positions
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereHoward County Library System - Savage Branch9525 Durness LnLaurel, MD 20723
Why Volunteer with the National Association of Professional Women (NAPW)?
We Make A Difference in the lives of women and girls, and our community. This is an excellent opportunity for career changers: those seeking a second career or anyone desiring "more" out of their career path. College interns or recent graduates gain valuable experience while networking with corporate, executives, business owners, educators, and other leaders from diverse industries. High school students earn Service Learning credit for volunteering their time. Retirees bring a wealth of knowledge and wisdom to a group of highly motivated women from the Maryland/DC Metro area.
- Networking opportunities
- Letters of Recommendation
- Access to Free and discounted professional development
- *Free membership opportunities (through volunteer service hours)
- Internship Program
- Service Learning/Community Service Credit
- Works on yearly programming along with Event Chair and President
- Steps in when president is not available either in person or via email
- Organizing food and refreshments for events.
- Where ever there is a gap at events the VP steps in (minutes, check-in, facilitating, and meeting coordination).
- President’s right hand person
- Responds to any communication within 24hrs unless president is out of town and an immediate response is required
- Attends all Howard County Chapter events unless notified the President otherwise
- Compose and submit Meeting Minutes for monthly events
- Keeps an accurate list of all attendees at events.
- Works closely with Membership Chair to maintain chapter member directory listing
- Organizing and implementing the communications calendar for the chapter (events, newsletter, and general updates)
- Responsible for overseeing the Event volunteers and ensuring that they have the guidance and resources to function effectively
- Keeps track of potential hosts for Chapter events.
- Coordinates Chapter event details with the event locations selected and the event hosts
- Coordinates event date, event agenda and venue selection with President
- Oversees all NAPW Foundation activities and develop and implements strategies for fundraising
- Builds alliances with the NAPW Foundation Philanthropic Partners local affiliates: Dress for Success, American Heart Association, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, Girls Inc., local member charity initiatives
- Coordinate chapter volunteer initiatives with local affiliates
- Oversees committees efforts related to:
- Creating a look and feel of chapter within approved corporate guidelines for all communications
- Developing ideas for chapter material
- Explores PR opportunities to expand local awareness and chapter growth
- Creates ways to collect and document member testimonials for promotional use
- Documents statistics around growth and attendance
- Works with the Social Media Coordinator and Newsletter Editor to develop a marketing strategy for the Chapter
- Works closely with Community Outreach & Events Chairs to gather details for PR efforts
- Oversees committee’s efforts related to:
- Membership drives
- Generating ideas to support growth of chapter
- Development/maintenance of new member materials
- Providing orientation & "buddy" assignments/support for new members
- Outreach to non-NAPW guests at events
- Connecting with members, to identify their reasons for joining the NAPW, and helping them find effectives way to reach their goals through the Chapter
- Works closely with Fundraising & Marketing Chair on efforts related to:
- Development of outreach programs with schools, companies, community-based organization, and the military
- Identifying & vetting possible charities and other outreach opportunities
- Coordination of all outreach and charity fundraising events
- Soliciting members for areas of interest
- Maintains regular contact with charities to stay apprised of volunteer events
- Works closely with PR & Events Chair for coordination
- Manages Chapter Social Media pages: Facebook and Twitter
- Works with Chair of Marketing and PR on calendar of social media communications along with a variety of topics appropriate to us as an organization
- Identifies additional social media opportunities to promote chapter events
- Develops ways to bring value to the VIP membership by connecting and highlighting our VIP Members through quarterly exclusive events.
- Coordinates Chapter VIP Member Event details with the event locations selected and the event hosts.
- Corresponds with events hosts to communicate event details
- Works directly with the President and Secretary to promote VIP Member Events to the Chapter VIP Members
- Creates lists of new members and sends to Chapter Secretary with the VIP members highlighted
- Ambassador at events welcoming new members
- Initiates new member photo op with Chapter President
Editor and Proofreader
- Checking newsletter before it is published and any other communications that need proofreading before being emailed or posted
- Filming of our monthly chapter events and VIP events
- Editing and submitting to Chapter President, Secretary and Social Media Coordinator for distribution.
- High resolution photographs taken at events and sent within 24hrs to Chapter President, Secretary, and Social Media Coordinator through Google Drive
- Check-In and Name Badges
- Check in at events using Eventbrite app
- Print name badges for events
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Professional Development
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Five to ten hours per month (very flexible)