We, The World (see http://WE.net) is seeking individuals that are passionate about Unity to volunteer and coordinate the Unity Campaign - one of 11 Campaigns for Change (see http://WE.net/11themes). Although this position is ongoing, there is immediate need for coordinating for the upcoming 11 Days of Global Unity in September. Coordinators will be responsible for reaching out to and connecting with other organizations that align with the goals of the Unity Campaign:
- Commemorate the anniversary of September 11, 2001, and other dates of significance to humanity, emphasizing Global Unity
- Strengthen interfaith dialogue and understanding
- Work to end racism and intolerance of all kinds
- Encourage healing and reconciliation between conflicting groups
- Use nonviolent forms of communication to increase connection and prevent conflict
- Increase cooperation and coordination between local and regional grassroots organizations
- Develop global partnerships and build coalitions - UN Millennium Development Goal (MDG) #8
- Recognize and promote global awareness and "WE" consciousness
- Promote the role of values, ethics and spirit in creating positive change
- Carry out other kinds of programs to achieve Unity goals
Additional responsibilities include assisting partners in adding events to the Global Unity Calendar and maintaining an accurate database of partner information.
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2-5 hours/week
- Are you passionate about Human...
- Join the Freedom Campaign Team!
- Are you passionate about UNITY?
- Utilize your graphic design...
- Join our Environment Campaign!
- Your assistance is needed in...
- Join our Women's Campaign!
- Support Economic Justice
- Join the Disarmament Campaign Team
- Are you passionate about Peace?
- Coordinator for the Children &...