Position Available Immediately
Posting Date: July19th, 2016
Position: Development Director
Reports to: Board Member, Subcommittee on Fundraising.
ORGANIZATION: Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN)
Global Women’s Leadership Network (GWLN) seeks a Development Director to lead fundraising efforts in order to meet year-end fundraising goals. The Development Director will be responsible for meeting fundraising goals, in cooperation with outside consultants, Board of Directors and related Board committees. In this capacity, the Development Director will report to the Board Member of the newly formed Subcommittee on Fundraising. S/he will develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan, quarterly and weekly work-plans, and a development dashboard. Fundraising components include but are not limited to major donors, grant writing, planned giving, foundations, corporate giving, online giving, and events. S/he will be a member of the senior leadership team and will execute and give input on the strategic vision of the organization.
- Responsible for developing, getting board approval and implementing all fundraising and communication plans and all related tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creation of development and communications calendar and workplan;
- Development of clear goals and strategies to ensure fundraising goals are achieved;
- Development/maintenance of development dashboard.
- Follow-through on agreed tasks under each revenue channel goal.
- Responsible for GWLN’s Annual Appeal, Major and Planned Giving Program, Events, and other fundraising efforts;
- Responsible for creating and executing donor cultivation, stewardship plans and working with board on communications follow up, moves management and donor solicitation;
- Responsible for securing a major grant - grants writing/reporting, relationship building, tracking deadlines, and executing related letters/reports/applications/budgets alongwith Board subcommittee, submitting applications or letters of inquiry each month;
- Responsible for overseeing intern on upkeep and evaluation of donor database, donor acknowledgements, processing of all forms of donations and working with finance department on budget reconciliation;
- Leveraging and modifying our existing website (in collaboration with our web developer) to support fundraising, donor community building and online donation. Close coordination with web and communications team to highlight success stories on the website to drive donations.
- Work closely with Board of Directors and Development Committee to further fundraising goals through earned income; and
- Work with communications and marketing department necessary to create and execute fundraising appeals and case for support materials.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Six or more years of successful high-level fundraising experience, including
- Year-end annual giving campaign
- Major Donor Drives
- Demonstrated ability to solicit and obtain major gifts from individuals and/or foundations and corporations
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing development plans and tracking success
- Versatile with Raiser's Edge and/or Salesforce donor management databases
- Excellent computer skills, including Excel, website design/maintenance, MS suite, collaborative tools SmartSheet, Box etc
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and persuasive written and oral communications skills; ability to persuasively articulate and advocate the organization's mission
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience with non-profit development, social justice/women's rights programs highly desirable
- Owns a car and active Driver’s License. Ability to drive
One volunteer can focus on event planning and donor relations while the other volunteer can focus on grant writing. Please email resume, writing samples and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Public Speaking
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check