Volunteer with Venice Family Clinic (VFC) and use your Spanish skills as a Spanish Translator!
VFC is in need volunteers that are confidently bilingual in Spanish to assist our volunteer physicians and specialists. These volunteers will have some direct patient contact as they assist our Administrative and Medical staff. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the day-to-day work in a community clinic as well as work side-by-side with our great medical staff and physicians.
General duties include:
- Assisting the providers in communicating with Spanish-speaking patients
- Translating text and/or audio files
- NEW TO THIS ROLE: Provide basic electronic health records (EHR) support to physicians and specialists
- Passing grade on Spanish Assessment
- Previous medical experience; Experience with EHR preferred
- Commitment to a regular weekly shift for at least 6 months - more preferred
Location and shifts:
This listing is specifically for our newest site: the Children's Health & Wellness Center. Here, our needs are on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday afternoons.
Photos of the clinic from the grand opening in 2015: http://bit.ly/2asmqVD
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month, for at least 6 months
- Spanish Translation Assessment (oral and written)