Join our weekend adoption assistants team and help shelter dogs find fur-ever homes! Appy today at bit.ly/sasapply
Adoption Assistant-Dog (MATCHMAKER)
Adoption assistants work on Saturdays and Sundays at the Seattle Animal Shelter. They assist in the introductions between shelter dogs and potential adopters, answer questions about adoption and other shelter procedures; assist the public looking for lost pets, and answer general questions about animal behavior and care.
HOW CAN VOLUNTEERS HELP?
* Greet people who come to the shelter Direct the public to the cats,
dogs or other animals.
* Answer questions Help the public understand adoption procedures,
general dog behavior and care, etc.
* Explain the cage cards Help potential adopters read them and identify an appropriate animal for their lifestyle.
* Help in Adoption Dogs Room Volunteers help potential adopters get acquainted with a dog by removing it from its kennel and escorting the potential adopters to the Canine Corral where they can visit with the dog off-leash.
* Help in Main Kennels Assist the public seeking lost pets.
* Provide feedback about potential adopters to shelter staff and/or team leaders.
* This team has scheduling which requires volunteers to commit to the same shift every other weekend.
CURRENT SHIFT NEEDS:
Please review current needs at bit.ly/sasvolunteeropportunities - click on "Adoption Assistant-Dogs" role description.
Qualifications: * Customer service skills and the ability/desire to work directly with the public are necessary.
* Volunteers must have the ability to communicate directly and work with shelter staff when appropriate.
* Volunteers need to pay attention to detail and have the ability to absorb and recall large amounts of information.
* Basic dog handling skills are required.
* Volunteers must be able to stand/walk for the duration of the shift.
* General knowledge about animal care and training is helpful, but will be taught as appropriate.
Minimum age: 18 Apply now!
THANK YOU FOR APPLYING!Orientation required: Yes
Safe Dog Handling required:YES
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 8 hours/month
- Love of Dogs