To volunteer in this role, cut & paste this link http://bit.ly/sasapply into your browser & select "9-Lives". No need to contact us via email - we screen applications regularly. Thank you!
Purrrrrfect opportunity for Cat Lovers
Duties: 9-lives is a team of self-directed volunteers committed to improving the general living experience of all cats at the Seattle Animal Shelter. We provide basic care and human contact for cats that are healthy and adjusted; but prioritize efforts toward those cats that are sick, injured or behaviorally challenged. 9-lives volunteers provide care and gentle socialization for cats that may otherwise fall very ill or are unable to present well to the public because of environmental stress.
Volunteers also work with adopters to find the right cat for them. Most shifts require volunteers to interact with both adopters and the cats, so multi-tasking and a kind, caring manor towards potential adopters is required.
HOW CAN VOLUNTEERS HELP?
* Assist shelter staff - Attend to basic creature comforts, such as clean water, litter and kennel liners.
* Work with adopoters - Assist to find the right cat for their family.
* Assess the cats - Observe their health and behavior, attend to their needs, and report on their condition to the team leader, shelter staff or Foster Care coordinator for further care.
* Eight hours of training that will take up to 2 months to complete.
* Volunteers must commit to participating once a week.
* A commitment of at least two hours per week is required.
* Dates and times are prescheduled.
CURRENT SHIFT AVAILABLITY:
Please visit http://bit.ly/sasapply and click on "9-Lives" link to learn about current openings.
THANK YOU FOR APPLYING!
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 8 hours/month
- Big heart