Purrrrrfect opportunity for Cat Lovers
READY TO APPLY? Read below then:
Cut & paste the below link into your browser: http://bit.ly/29HFM95
Duties: 9-lives is a team of self-directed volunteers committed to improving the general living experience of all cats at the Seattle Animal Shelter. We provide basic care and human contact for cats that are healthy and adjusted; but prioritize efforts toward those cats that are sick, injured or behaviorally challenged. 9-lives volunteers provide care and gentle socialization for cats that may otherwise fall very ill or are unable to present well to the public because of environmental stress.
Volunteers also work with adopters to find the right cat for them. Most shifts require volunteers to interact with both adopters and the cats, so multi-tasking and a kind, caring manor towards potential adopters is required.
HOW CAN VOLUNTEERS HELP?
* Assist shelter staff - Attend to basic creature comforts, such as clean water, litter and kennel liners.
* Work with adopoters - Assist to find the right cat for their family.
* Assess the cats - Observe their health and behavior, attend to their needs, and report on their condition to the team leader, shelter staff or Foster Care coordinator for further care.
* Basic "home" nursing care - This includes steam treatments, administering eye ointment and nasal spray, treating ear mites, gently cleaning eyes and noses, grooming, as well as the removal of matted hair.
* Sick cat ward volunteer - These volunteers are veterinarians, vet techs or extremely experienced volunteers that administer medication to sick cats.
* Eight hours of training that will take up to 2 months to complete.
* Volunteers must commit to participating once a week.
* A commitment of at least two hours per week is required.
* Dates and times are prescheduled.
CURRENT SHIFT AVAILABLITY:
Please visit http://bit.ly/29HFM95 and click on "9-Lives" link to learn about current openings.
THANK YOU FOR APPLYING!Visit http://bit.ly/29HFM95 and click on "Dog Walking" link to learn about current openings.
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least 8 hours/month
- Big heart