We are looking for individuals that want to be a positive change in a child’s life. Peacock Acres Therapeutic Learning Center (TLC) is a therapeutic Space where current and former foster youth, in addition to probationary youth, are able to develop, grow, and prosper. It is a conducive space where the youth can achieve academic and inter-personal goals.
Ideally, volunteers will not just provide educational support, but transcend the role of a tutor and act as a mentor to our youth to be a positive influence in their lives.
The children in our after school program come not soley for academic support, but some may want behavioral support, others come wanting to develop their interpersonal skills.
Our program provides a therapeutic and conducive environment for their needs and having the right tutor and mentor is crucial in achieving this.
- Math / Science Instruction
- People Skills
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- At least 2 hours a week.
- Background Check and TB Test Results required. 30 hours must be contributed.
- Tutor-Mentor for Foster Children
- URGENT : Conduct and Lead...
- New Enriching & Unique...
- Volunteer for Summer School 2017
- Mentor and Tutors Urgently Needed
- Volunteers Needed to Support our...
- Volunteer Driver for the After...
- Volunteer for Summer Session 2017
- NEW AVAILABILITIES - Tutors &...
- Tutor-Mentor for foster teens