Adams 12 Five Star Student Health and Wellness Team Survey Member
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where10280 Huron StNorthglenn, CO 80260
Health & Wellness Survey Team
Volunteer J ob Description
Work with the Adams 12 Five Star Schools Health & Wellness Team to collect survey responses from parents at our Adams 12 schools in August 2016 as part of our Health Priorities Stakeholder Feedback Initiative. The Adams 12 Five Star Schools Health and Wellness Team works to integrate health and wellness programs, policy and practice more deeply into the day-to-day life of schools and students in order to encourage development of the whole child - one who is academically successful, motivated, and engaged.
Help ensure that families and parents are able to share their health and wellness priorities for their children, family, and school by co-leading the efforts to collect their feedback at registration and back-to-school events at one or more schools in August 2016. This parent feedback will be compiled into a report, used to help structure and determine further questions for fall parent focus groups and will help direct district efforts in longer-term strategic planning around the top identified health priorities.
- Volunteer as part of a team of staff and volunteers, with 1-2 team members assigned to each school
- Assist in recruiting parents to complete surveys at one or more August registration or back-to school events
- Set up survey table with all necessary materials, which will be provided to you by the Adams 12 Health & Wellness Team
- Administer surveys to participating parents, collect completed surveys, and provide parents who complete a survey with incentives provided to you by the Adams 12 Health and Wellness Team
- Clearly communicate the mission and purpose of the Parent Survey to participating families with information provided to you so that families understand the survey’s importance and how the information will be used.
- Return all completed surveys, as well as all supplies, to the Adams 12 Health and Wellness Team’s office located at 10280 Huron St., Northglenn, CO, 80260 within 48 hours of each back-to-school event.
- Optional: volunteer at one or more fall Wellness Priorities Focus Group Events
Quali f ic a ti o ns and Requiremen t s
- Dedication to helping Adams 12 identify families’ wellness priorities to better meet existing gaps and needs
- Ability to travel to one or more school location in the Adams 12 School District (Northglenn, Thornton, & Westminster area)
- Reliability, follow-through, and willingness to work with others
Ability to bend, push, and lift approximately 10-15 pounds
Good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to communicate with Jill Collins, District Wellness Coordinator, throughout August 2016
Optional: Spanish speaking volunteers are especially needed and encouraged to join the team
- Attend the August volunteer training: 1-2 hours
2 - 2½ hours per school for survey administration
Each volunteer is asked to volunteer at a minimum of one school
On-site training with Jill Collins, District Wellness Coordinator
Benefits to volunteering
Make a real difference in the health and lives of children and families
Meet new and diverse groups of people
Do something new, different, and have fun!
Interested in volunteering or have questions?
Please contact Jill Collins, District Wellness Coordinator by July 31, 2016: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-972-4712
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2hrs training then 2-2.5 hours per school survey
- Able to list 10-15 pounds. Spanish speaking a plus but not essential.
- Adams County Community Garden...
- Hunger Free Colorado Community...
- Meals On Wheels Driver
- Meal Pickup/Delivery for Sr. Hub...
- Brighton 27J and Adams 1, 12,...
- Vets Helping Vets
- Meals On Wheels Driver West...
- Respite Care Program, Senior...
- Meals on Wheels Drivers for...
- A Break for Caregivers
- Adult Day Service Volunteer
- Butterfly Pavilion Volunteer
- Food Pantry Scheduler and...
- Senior Peer Counseling
- Recycling Events Team Member
- Meals on Wheels Delivery Senior...
- Adams County Food Banks
- Care Management Assistant
- Totes of Hope Food Volunteer
- Adams 12 Five Star Student...