As an Advancement Intern, you will gain firsthand experience regarding fundraising at the Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, as well as interacting/developing pivotal relationships with key members and donors.
The Advancement intern assists the Advancement team with the following areas of work:
- Fundraising Conducting prospect research on local and national levels
- Drafting, generating and distributing letters and solicitation materials
- Assisting in record maintenance and agreement timelines with partners
- Planning and fulfilling special events and activities Membership and Major Donors
- Maintenance of donor records and biographical information
- Special event planning
- Prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and donor stewardship Foundation and Grants
- Drafting proposals, applications, and reports for special projects (i.e. Festivals, education programs, special events) for general support
- Staffing the Culturist table for evening and weekend performances
- Administrative efforts
- Junior or Senior College/University Status pursuing a degree in fundraising or related feel
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Easy adaptability to last-minute changes and assignments
- Must be available to nights and weekends
- 16 hour per week minimum
This is an unpaid internship, but it can be taken for school credit. Please check with your school for more details.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours minimum per week
- Fall 2016 Information Technology...
- Spring 2017- Promotions...
- Fall 2016 Graphic/Online Design...
- Fall 2016 Theatre Production...
- Fall 2016 Events/Advancement...
- Spring 2017- Corporate Research...
- Spring 2017 -Marketing -...
- Spring 2017 - Accounting...
- Spring 2017 - Information...
- Spring 2017- Public Relations...
- Fall 2016 Volunteer Services...
- Fall 2016 Non-Profit Grant...