To apply, please fill out online application at www.arshtcenter.org/internships
As the focal point of performing arts activity in South Florida, the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County serves as a showcase for the finest in established and developing performing arts programs. The Center is the foundation on which established resident organizations build their programs and extend their reach. The Center also serves as a laboratory, providing first class accessible facilities for smaller, emerging and developing organizations and for the Center’s own innovative productions and events.
The Center provides our diverse audiences with opportunities to share South Florida's many cultures, offering insights and understanding. As an educational resource, the Center broadens the horizons of our children and enhances our quality of life by offering a full range of cultural learning experiences.
The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, one of the largest performing arts centers in the nation, has exciting opportunities for students interested in working in Public Relations. Public Relations interns will be involved in a number of activities within the Marketing and Communications department working closely with all members of the Public Relations team. They will gain firsthand experience promoting performances and events at the Adrienne Arsht Center, interacting with members of the media and working alongside the professional staff of a major non-profit performing arts organization.
Interns will assist AVP of PR, PR Manager and/or PR Coordinator with a number of projects including:
* Assembling press kits and other media material
* Writing press releases
* Press / Media Mailings
* Escorting photographers around the Center to capture photos of performances/events
* Staffing press events
* Various administrative tasks as assigned.
* Junior or senior status (College/University) pursuing a degree in Public Relations or related field (English/Communications)
* Superior writing and editing skills
* Minimum 16 hours of availability per week between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
* Availability during nights and weekends
* Strong interest in the arts
* This is an unpaid internship that may be taken for credit.