The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County, one of the largest performing arts centers in the nation, has exciting opportunities for students interested in working in Public Relations.
Public Relations interns will be involved in a number of activities within the Marketing and Communications department working closely with all members of the Public Relations team. They will gain firsthand experience promoting performances and events at the Adrienne Arsht Center, interacting with members of the media and working alongside the professional staff of a major non-profit performing arts organization.
This is a position for a dedicated, detail-oriented, hard-working student with a professional demeanor who is interested in the arts and enticed by the prospect of making an impact on the community for generations to come.
Interns will assist with a number of projects, including assembling press kits and other media material, writing press releases, mailings, escorting photographers around the Center, staffing press events and supporting administrative efforts.
- Junior or senior status, pursuing a degree in English or Communications (preferably in Public Relations)
- Superior writing and editing skills
- 15+ hours of availability per week between 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. plus availability to assist during night and weekend performances
- Strong interest in the arts
- Applicants should have strong written and interpersonal skills.
- They should adapt to last-minute changes and assignments and should be available to assist during evening and weekend performances.
This is an unpaid internship that may be taken for credit.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours minimum per week
- Fall 2016 Information Technology...
- Fall 2016 Promotions Internship
- Fall 2016 Graphic/Online Design...
- Fall 2016 Theatre Production...
- Fall 2016 Events/Advancement...
- Fall 2016 Corporate Fundraising...
- Fall 2016 Accounting Internship
- Fall 2016 Marketing/Advertising...
- Fall 2016 Public Relations...
- Fall 2016 Volunteer Services...
- Fall 2016 Non-Profit Grant...