Interns can expect to be introduced to all facets of performing arts promotions including, but not limited to: promotional and outreach events, planning schedules, developing ideas, working with programmers and presenters, and planning communication strategies for promotions. From street fairs to flash mobs, the Promotions Intern assists the Promotions Manager with event planning, scheduling, coordinating and executing various Arsht Center promotions.
- As a Promotions Intern, you may just find yourself:
- Dressed in 1970s disco gear passing out flyers and mardi gras beads to clubgoers on South Beach.
- Assisting the Promotions Manager with the arrival of a horse and carriage for a special event.
- Sewing a costume on a dancer before a half-time show stunt at a HEAT game.
- Driving to the Miami Metro Zoo to represent the Arsht Center at Feasts with the Beasts.
- And so much more!
- Junior, senior or graduate status, pursuing a degree in Communications or a related field
- Superior writing and editing skills
- 16+ hours of availability per week between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm plus availability to assist during night and weekend performances and events
- Strong interest in the arts
- This is an unpaid internship that may be taken for credit, check with your school’s academic advisor
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours minimum per week
- Fall 2016 Information Technology...
- Fall 2016 Promotions Internship
- Fall 2016 Graphic/Online Design...
- Fall 2016 Theatre Production...
- Fall 2016 Events/Advancement...
- Fall 2016 Corporate Fundraising...
- Fall 2016 Accounting Internship
- Fall 2016 Marketing/Advertising...
- Fall 2016 Public Relations...
- Fall 2016 Volunteer Services...
- Fall 2016 Non-Profit Grant...