This program is designed to introduce interns to all facets of Production including but not limited to: familiarizing and acclimating to the center’s operating procedures, learning budgeting and advancing shows/events, developing rapport with collaborators and artistic partners, providing support to the technical staff in activities associated with the execution of performances presented at or by the Center.
NOTE: This is not a design internship
- The Production Intern assists the Director of Production/Technical Directors with:
- Supporting the preparation of all aspects of an incoming event/performance.
- Serving as primary building contact for visiting companies as it relates to their production’s use of facilities.
- Monitoring the condition of equipment and systems as they relate to production; initiating corrective action if possible or reporting needed assistance if action is beyond the scope of the position.
- Enforcing all Center policies, rules and regulations with regard to technical/production operations.
- Attending weekly operations and production meetings to disseminate pertinent information to staff discussing challenges with upcoming performances.
- Providing support to users of the Center from a technical standpoint.
- Undertaking special assignments and projects as directed.
- Junior, senior or graduate status pursuing a degree in Theater or related field.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Minimum 16 hours of availability in Arsht Center offices per week between 9:00 am and 5:30pm.
- Acute attention to detail, strong interest in the arts.
This is an unpaid internship, but it can be taken for school credit. Please check with your school for more details.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours minimum per week
- Fall 2016 Information Technology...
- Fall 2016 Promotions Internship
- Fall 2016 Graphic/Online Design...
- Fall 2016 Theatre Production...
- Fall 2016 Events/Advancement...
- Fall 2016 Corporate Fundraising...
- Fall 2016 Accounting Internship
- Fall 2016 Marketing/Advertising...
- Fall 2016 Public Relations...
- Fall 2016 Volunteer Services...
- Fall 2016 Non-Profit Grant...