Volunteer Assistant Coaches
- Demonstrating an ability to successfully recruit and retain athletes.
- Coaching practice Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoon 4:30 - 6:30 and Saturdays 9:30 - 12:00 August - November and February - May. There is some flexibility in time commitment.
- Acting in a professional manner with athletes, coaches and parents. This includes cooperation within the coaching staff, where varsity and novice squads have a strong daily interaction.
- Effectively communicating with masters (adult), student-athletes and parents about the expectations for individual performance and behavior, as well as demonstrating and conveying the goals and values of the team.
- Maintaining discipline and the highest standards of ethics, sportsmanship, and safety principles at all times
Experience as coach or particpant in a competitive sport for middle school, high school, collegiate or adults. Rowing/coxswain experience desired, but not required.
Requirements to be met within 30 days of start: First Aid/CPR Certification, Alabama Vessels License, USRowing Safe Sport training/certification
- Outdoor Recreation
- Water Recreation
- Fitness Instruction
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 6 - 20 hours per week
- Requirements to be met within 30 days of start: First Aid/CPR Certification, Alabama Vessels License