As an Advancement Intern, you will gain firsthand experience regarding fundraising at the Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, as well as interacting/developing pivotal relationships with key members and donors.
- The Advancement intern assists the Advancement team with the following areas of work:
- Corporate Fundraising
- Conducting prospect research on local and national level
- Drafting, generating and distributing letters and solicitation materials
- Assisting in record maintenance and agreement timelines with corporate partners
- Planning and fulfilling special events and activities
Membership and Major Donors:
- Maintenance of donor records and biographical information
- Special event planning
- Prospect identification, cultivation
Foundation and Grants:
- Drafting proposals, applications, and reports for special projects (i.e. Festivals, education programs, special events) for general support
- Staffing the Culturist table for evening and weekend performances
- Administrative efforts
Junior, senior or graduate status pursuing a degree in Corporate Fundraising, Sales/Business Development or related field. 16+ hours of availability per week between 9:00 am and 5:30pm. Must be available for nights and weekends. Acute attention to detail, strong interest in the arts. Understanding Proficient in excel a plus ( formulas and chart building). This is an unpaid internship that may be taken for credit. To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours minimum per week
- Fall 2016 Information Technology...
- Fall 2016 Promotions Internship
- Fall 2016 Graphic/Online Design...
- Fall 2016 Theatre Production...
- Fall 2016 Events/Advancement...
- Fall 2016 Corporate Fundraising...
- Fall 2016 Marketing/ Advertising
- Fall 2016 Accounting Internship
- Fall 2016 Marketing/Advertising...
- Fall 2016 Public Relations...
- Fall 2016 Volunteer Services...
- Fall 2016 Non-Profit Grant...