Interns can expect to be introduced to all facets of performing arts marketing including, but not limited to: promotional and outreach events, planning schedules, developing ideas, working with programmers and presenters, and planning communication strategies for promotions. Interns will learn about the challenges and rewards of the creative process, as the underpinning of The Adrienne Arsht Center, while managing the responsibility of supporting the advertising, promotion, e-commerce, creative, administrative and planning sector of the Center. Examples of projects interns will be involved with include, but are not limited to: media research, trafficking ads, social media property maintenance, newsletter copy writing and editing, promotional event support, and developing new promotional partners and relationships.
The Advertising Intern assists the Marketing Directors with:
- Creation of signage, tv and print ad campaigns, mock ups, e-mail campaigns, on line promotion, etc.
- Budgeting/media buying
- Distribution, delivery and/or fulfillment of marketing offers
- Analysis of marketing and sales data
- Analyzing competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
- Preparing presentations
- Social media efforts
- Junior, senior or graduate status, pursuing a degree in Communications or a related field
- Superior writing and editing skills
- 16+ hours of availability per week between 9:00 am and 5:30 pm plus availability to assist during night and weekend performances and events
- Strong interest in the arts
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours minimum per week
- Fall 2016 Information Technology...
- Fall 2016 Promotions Internship
- Fall 2016 Graphic/Online Design...
- Fall 2016 Theatre Production...
- Fall 2016 Events/Advancement...
- Fall 2016 Corporate Fundraising...
- Fall 2016 Accounting Internship
- Fall 2016 Marketing/Advertising...
- Fall 2016 Public Relations...
- Fall 2016 Volunteer Services...
- Fall 2016 Non-Profit Grant...