Logan's Playground is a program that provides free child watch services for clients while they attend HIV-related appointments. Founded in 2000, Logan's Playground is named in memory of Logan Shaver, the first pediatric patient in clinical trials at Southwest Cent who lost his battle with AIDS at the age of six in 1999.
Southwest Center is looking for individuals who will provide childcare services and related administrative duties as well as ensure a safe, supervised play environment for children while parents(s) and.or guardians(s) are on the premises.
- Care for children while parent(s) and/or guardian(s) attend appointments in The Parsons Center for Health and Wellness.
- Assist with administrative duties related to Logan's Playground including maintaining files and databases.
- Ensure child safety in emergency and other non-routine situations (e.g., building evacuation drills).
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED. Associate's Degree in Early Childhood Development a plus.
- Experience working with children of all ages.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Application and successful completion of fingerprint clearance card (Fees paid by Southwest Center)
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Knowledge, skill and ability to provide crisis intervention service (e.g., children fighting)
- Knowledge of available community resources for consumer groups.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, other employees, representatives from community resource groups, contract agencies and the general public.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a close team and community working relationship.
- Ability to work and make appropriate decisions independently.
Time Commitment: Part-Time. Shifts include Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm. We are looking for candidates who can commit to this position for at least 6 months.
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Candidates who can commit for at least 6 months
- Fingerprint clearance card and CPR/First Aid Certification