The Oakland Adult Rehabilitation Center (ARC), a residential 6-12 month drug and alcohol rehabilitation program for men.
This position is critical to the spiritual regeneration of men who have substance abuse issues, and who are seeking help to change their lives...and find God in the process! Miracles happen here every day!
Key Responsibilities: Spiritual guidance and instruction of Beneficiaries in the ARC Program
- One-on-One Spiritual Counseling (between 8-20 hrs/ week)
- Bible Study Teaching (once/week)
- Occasional Preaching for the Sunday or Wednesday Chapel Services (this is optional)
Please apply on our volunteer opportunities website:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- Must be a strong Christian and be in agreement with the following Salvation Army Doctrines
- Child Care Assistant
- Help People Sign Up for Seasonal...
- Harvest Festival Helper
- Kitchen Assistant
- Help Distribute Christmas Toys...
- Computer Literacy Instructor
- Worship Band Members
- Administrative Aide
- ESL Teacher
- Thanksgiving Food Distribution...
- Guitar Instructor
- Resume Workshop Instructor
- Help with USDA food distribution
- GED Instructor
- Food Pantry Assistant
- Emergency Disaster Team Volunteer
- Bingo Assistant
- After School Program Tutor
- Fitness Instructor