Provide Friendly Visits to Hospice Patients and their Families
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereNear your home, school or business locationSacramento, Placer and El Dorado countiesSacramento, Citrus Heights, Orangevale, Roseville, CA 95602
VITAS is looking for kind and caring people to help terminally ill patients and their families. Friendly visits, simple errands, providing a listening ear and the gift of friendship at a crucial time can make a real difference in another's life. Yours, too!
Other VITAS volunteer activities: relief care (sit with a patient while the caregiver takes a break); friendly visits to patients and their families at home or in a nursing home; driving a patient to appointments; accompanying a patient to a church function, wedding, beauty shop, play, ballgame; run errands to the grocery store, drug store, post office; assist with programs and special events.
VITAS Volunteer orientation is provided free of charge to help you learn the skills required to be an outstanding hospice volunteer. Time and dates are ongoing and flexible.
For more information about VITAS visit VITAS.com.
- Elder care
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, will work with your schedule
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Stitch a Memory Bear. Create a...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers...
- Help Provide Clerical Duties in...
- Support a Bereaved Family
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers -...
- Provide Friendly Visits to...
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- Be a Cut Above…Pamper a Hospice...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers -...