VITAS is looking for compassionate and caring people to help terminally ill patients and their families. Friendly visits, simple errands, providing a listening ear and the gift of friendship at a crucial time can make a real difference in another's life.
Other VITAS volunteer activities: relief care (sit with a patient while the caregiver takes a break), friendly visits to patients and their families at home or in a nursing home; driving a patient or family member to appointments; accompanying a patient to a church function, wedding, beauty shop, play, ballgame; run errands to the grocery store, drug store, post office; assist with programs and special events.
Opportunity allows for a one time visit or ongoing. You decide!
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Four or more hours a month for 6 months
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- VITAS Craft Volunteers
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers
- VITAS Bereavement Volunteer
- VITAS Volunteer Memory Bear...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers -...
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- VITAS Hair Care Volunteers
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers -...
- VITAS Massage & Reiki Volunteers