VITAS Healthcare(r) is looking for people who love to sew who are able to share their skills with hospice patients and families.
A Memory Bear, sewn by a volunteer with compassion and love, is a forever friend who can ease a hurting heart after the death of a VITAS hospice patient.
Sewn from a favorite pair of jeans, a pullover top, dress, bathrobe or nightgown, a Memory Bear may recall the closeness of a loved one, bring a smile to someone in distress, or offer a sense of security to a child who feels alone after the loss of a parent or sibling.
This is a great opportunity for you to give back to the community. By taking time out of your busy work week you can make the biggest difference in another’s life.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- One completed craft a month
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Stitch a Memory Bear. Create a...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers...
- Help Provide Clerical Duties in...
- Support a Bereaved Family
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers -...
- Provide Friendly Visits to...
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- Be a Cut Above…Pamper a Hospice...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers -...