The Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program of Santa Barbara County is looking for dedicated volunteers in the Santa Maria/Lompoc area.
Ombudsman representatives advocate for the rights of residents in skilled nursing homes and assisted living facilities, help resolve conflicts, and improve their quality of life.
Ideal volunteer candidates will:
- Meet the minimum age requirement of 21 years.
- Be computer literate.
- Volunteer a minimum of four hours per week for at least one year.
- Complete basic and ongoing monthly trainings.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Be passionate about serving our most vulnerable citizens.
We provide training to become a State-certified Ombudsman! If you’re passionate about helping this population and want to make a difference, please call Marco Quintanar at (805) 922-1236, ext. 223.
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- A minimum of 4 hours per week for at least 1 year
- computer and interpersonal skills