The Volunteer Receptionist is the first impression for all of Connections’ programs, taking telephone calls, notifying staff that those coming for appointments have arrived, dealing with walk-ins and deliveries, and performing a preliminary Hilda’s Place shelter intake function on those calling for services.
- Sort mail
- Track phone calls using a spreadsheet
- Perform hospitality function of making coffee daily
- Distribute bag lunches to clients
- Light cleaning on occasion
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator and Director of Operations.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Computer competency and comfort with data entry.
- Office Reception
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4-8 hr weekly slot, M-F, 9-5
- This work can be emotionally difficult, hearing from people who need housing and are in crisis.