- Lead activity for group (up to 10) of memory care residents
- Activity can be your choice: cards, craft, painting, music, ball toss, yoga, baking...
- Receive guidance from program director
The best candidates will have had experience working people with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia and be willing to adapt their ideas to the needs of the residents.
Candidates will recieve a training with the program director on memory care, Gianna Homes, and volunteer policies before starting on the floor.
Children groups (up to 8) are welcome with adult helpers.
Gianna Homes has two locations - Gladys' Place (listed here in Plymouth) and Gianna Homes - Sursum Corda (in Minnetonka). Both homes are just that - houses that are homes to residents with memory loss. Gladys' Place has 6 residents and Gianna Homes - Sursum Corda has 10 residents. Our mission is "providing memory care iwth a loving kindness that respects the dignity of each resident. Welcome Home!" We hope that you can join us in listening to the stories of our residents and making them feel at home and loved.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Visual Arts
- Music Arts
- Elder care
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours/ month (or every other wk or weekly)
- Hobby or interest to share with residents