We want to thank you so much for your interest in volunteering at The Alliance! We are a small staff with a lot of big ideas, constant events, and HUGE goals! We are constantly fighting to put ourselves out of business; we will test, educate and feed the needy until there is a CURE for HIV and other STDs! And now you’ve made the decision to fight along with us... we are humbled! This opportunity will be either an unpaid internship or strictly volunteer based. We are a very small staff and need all the help we can get! We have no minimum educational requirements for this position and no minimum or maximum numbers of hours of commitment (if you are seeking an internship, look no further!)
The Alliance is in search of an intelligent, data and detail oriented individual to take on our helpdesk needs and a long overdue data migration project. This Tech Wizard (or, if you'd prefer, "IT Helpdesk") would be the front line for our technical and troubleshooting issues and serve as project manager for larger fixes as needed.
Some things we will need your help with:
- Serve as primary contact for fielding and evaluating user requests and troubleshooting user issues.
- Maintain security, OS, and other updates on staff computers.
- Create and maintain an inventory list for all Alliance technology (PCs, Laptops, tablets, copiers, etc...).
- Serve as "project manager" for data migration project (from internal file server to Google Drive): create new filing system, scan documents (or train another volunteer!), implement changes, and train staff on new system.
- Help us organize and maintain storage facilities, server room, and workroom space.
Some of the products and Software we use are:
- Microsoft Office Suite (2016)
- Dell Desktop 3000 series all-in-one PCs and desk jet laser printers
- QuickBooks Premier Non-Profit edition 2015
- The world's oldest Ricoh copier!
- Dell Poweredge T320 Servers & assorted switches
- Norton, Adobe Acrobat, Windows 10/Cortana, etc...
Our Address is 1637 Old Louisburg Road Raleigh 27604 - a map is located here: http://aas-c.org/contact-us.html - feel free to give me a call at (919) 834-2437 extension 100 if you get turned around! And hey, while you’re at it, feel free to hop on Facebook and Like our page here: https://www.facebook.com/AASNC/ ...THANK YOU again for picking our crew, our clients, and our cause. We cherish you!
"The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope." ― Barack Obama
- Network Administration
- IT Help Desk
- Database Administration
- IT Consulting
- Security / Network Administration
- Software Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Based on skill level.
- Open-minded, easy-going, and straightforward is a good fit!