Seeking diverse & experienced professionals
Mission 2nd Chances is committed to providing those with non-violent, non-abusive convictions in need with employment placement & growth opportunities in order to finalize the reform intended
Go to www.2econdchances.com for more information
* The Board will support the work of and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by 2nd Chances chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
Board Member responsibilities include:
* Leadership, governance and oversight: Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements 2nd Chances strategic plan reviewing outcomes and metrics created by 2nd Chances for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics.
* Reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
* Approving 2nd Chance annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
* Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board members
* Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
* Representing 2nd Chances to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization Ensuring 2nd Chances commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities it serves. Fundraising
* Board Members will consider 2nd Chances a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. So that 2nd Chances can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, 2nd Chances expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
* Board terms/participation
* 2nd Chances Board Members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for three additional terms.
* Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
- Pro bono attorney, for one time ad hoc review or occasional review
- Non-profit auditing expert
- Fundraising & Grant support volunteers
- Social services support volunteers
- Marketing support volunteers
- Gifts in kind, such as laptops, event space items for raffles etc
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 2-4 hours monthly
- Discipline to work virtually