Methodist Specialty Care Center, our dedicated volunteers are an essential part of our team. Each day, they visit residents in their rooms and work closely with the staff in departments throughout the hospital to provide much-needed services.
While volunteers don’t earn an hourly wage, they are compensated in other ways. The rewards of volunteering include socialization, opportunities for learning and the satisfaction you get from helping By choosing the right place to volunteer, students can turn a requirement into a good experience with benefits for years to come.
Our volunteers are valued and appreciated as a vital part of daily operations. Volunteers can earn hours toward their community service project and have the opportunity to learn about the many careers in healthcare. No matter the interest or talent, there is a place for you as a Methodist Volunteer.
- Escorting wheelchair patients/residents to therapies.
- Assisting residents with meals.
- Visiting with residents and reading and writing letters for them.
- Assisting with and developing activities.
- Serve as an assistant to residents on outings.
- Decorating for special events and holidays.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 50 hours annually