Position: Program Director
Employed By: Executive Director
Responsible To: Executive Director
Supervises: Program Staff
Purpose of Job: Carries responsibility for program implementation; carries administrative responsibilities as delegated.
- Administers program, both directly and through staff and program volunteers.
- Explores changing interests and developmental needs of girls to keep up to date with changing patterns. Utilizes other sources such as girls, other appropriate staff and program volunteers to develop a coordinated program which will meet the needs of girls. Periodically reviews programs to ensure that they are relevant.
- Encourages staff and program volunteers to be creative and innovative. Inspires and motivates them to explore new and different approaches and resources to keep programs flexible and responsive so that the needs of girls are met most effectively.
- Supervises assigned staff.
- Recruits and places volunteers to carry out programs. Trains them or sees that they receive training and/or developmental opportunities as needed. Periodically assesses their work with them. Recognizes their efforts.
- Meets periodically with parents to interpret programs and keep them up to date on agency projects and programs. Interprets the agency goals to them.
- Counsels girls individually or collectively, and makes referrals as needed.
- Stimulates interest and enthusiasm within the community for agency activities and interprets agency programs to interested individuals and groups. Builds contacts within the community which will expand services for girls.
- Initiates and cooperates in inter-agency collaborative efforts that serve girls and to serve as an advocate for girls in the community.
- Assumes duties of executive director as delegated. Keeps executive director informed of problems, concerns, needs, trends and unusual situations.
- Acts as a staff liaison to program committee, and/or other advisory groups as requested.
- Participates in staff meetings and conferences to share ideas and concerns, and works collaboratively with other staff to meet agency goals and achieve staff objectives.
- Participates in periodic assessment of own performance, develops own goals and objectives. Takes advantage of training and other developmental/professional growth opportunities.
Bachelors Degree, with courses in education, recreation, psychology, sociology preferred. Special consideration will be given for equivalent experience and personal qualifications in lieu of a degree.
Work experience in youth work or related field which includes some experience in supervision, administration, curriculum and course design, and community relations.
Skill in working with a diversity of people; ability to facilitate cooperative work.
Ability to communicate with children and foster their involvement and participation in program planning, problem solving, and decision making.
Ability to coordinate a multi-faceted program.
Ability to inspire, stimulate, encourage creativity and innovation.
Ability to develop and implement programs which are responsive to the needs and interests of girls.
- Program Management
- Business Development
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training