Jewish Family Service of San Diego is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, more resilient community. We believe our volunteers are the backbone of our Agency. We strive to ensure that each volunteer is treated with dignity and respect. Our goal is your success. Be our partner in Moving Forward Together.
Jewish Family Service (JFS) is a client-centered, impact-driven organization working to build a stronger, healthier, more resilient San Diego. JFS is seeking a committed intern who has a passion for event planning, gaining hands-on experience in a nonprofit organization, and cultivating a strong community of JFS supporters.
Goal of Position:
The intern will gain hands-on experience with event planning, day of event logistics, web-based auction management, Raiser’s Edge (a donor management system), and assisting with communications to donors. The intern will work directly with and report to the Development Associate to assist with events such as Brushes & Forks, the Heart & Soul Gala, and a Grand Opening Event for the newest building on the JFS Jacobs Family Campus.
- Hands-on nonprofit and development experience
- Build event planning portfolio and references for future employment
- Opportunity to manage day of event logistics
- This is an unpaid internship for school-credit. JFS will provide a $500 stipend upon completion of the internship.
- Gain an understanding donor relationship building and cultivation
- Learn and understand how nonprofits utilize Raiser’s Edge
- Satisfaction in knowing that the money raised through these events provides financial support to vital services provided to the San Diego Community through JFS
- Develop event timelines and complete tasks leading up to and following special events
- Coordinate and implement event work plans and tasks for special events
- Manage auction logistics and logistics associated with event coordination
- Learn to successfully create and compile reports from Raiser’s Edge
- Work with volunteers to complete projects and assist with donor communications
- Must be at least a Junior or Senior currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree
- Some experience (paid or unpaid) in event planning and logistics preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details and excellent organizational skills
- Professional, personable and comfortable interacting with donors and vendors
- Willingness to build relationships and rapport with local businesses, organizations, and donors is preferable
- Complete a typing and excel proficiency test
- Must be available for a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week
- Start and end dates flexible, but internship generally runs from end of August or early September through mid-December
- Apply online www.jfssd.org/internapp. Applications must be complete or they will not be considered. Please complete an intern application online, send resume, cover letter and brief writing sample and dates of availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
15-20 hours between the hours of 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday
This internship will be located at 8804 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92123 a majority of the time. There will be times that the intern will travel to different event sites as appropriate.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Professional Development
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Community Outreach Volunteer
- Food Drive Assistant
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Food Drive Volunteer
- Hillcrest Distribution Volunteer
- Give Rides & Smiles! San Diego...
- Workshop Facilitator
- Data Entry Specialist-Community...
- Murphy Canyon Military...
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Bingo Caller
- BrainHQ Facilitator
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Cozy Cafe-rista
- Receptionist Assistant
- Volunteer Donor Steward
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant
- Data Entry Specialist - Helping...