The Development team works cohesively to create and execute strategies to secure funds from current annual donors and prospects. Some of these approaches include a relationship management model and special events like the Heart & Soul Gala and the Ruby Schulman Memorial Golf Tournament. The funds secured by the Development Department, in tandem with other departments like Institutional Giving and Marketing, ensure that we can continue to Empower Individuals and Families to move toward self-sufficiency, support Aging with dignity, and foster community connection and engagement.
The development volunteer will play a vital role in creating and preparing a variety of different projects to support our special events (i.e. descriptions for the auction items for Heart & Soul Gala).
- Opportunity to manage day of event logistics
- Satisfaction in knowing that the money raised through these events provides financial support to vital services provided to the San Diego Community through JFS
- Understand the elements/art of relationship building and management
- Get insight into the development department of a four star nonprofit agency
- Develop administrative and writing skills
- Support the advancement of JFS by working with the Development Team
- Gain database experience in Raiser’s Edge
- Gain exclusive access to event planning and management "behind the scenes"
- Develop event timelines and complete tasks leading up to and following special events
- Coordinate and implement event work plans and tasks for special events
- Manage auction logistics and logistics associated with event coordination
- Learn to successfully create and compile reports from Raiser’s Edge
- Work with volunteers to complete projects and assist with donor communications
- Basic database tasks
- Special projects including thank you cards for special event donors and companies
- Must be currently pursuing a College Degree
- Some experience (paid or unpaid) in event planning and logistics preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details and excellent organizational skills
- Professional, personable and comfortable interacting with donors and vendors
- Willingness to build relationships and rapport with local businesses, organizations, and donors is preferable
Minimum Requirements for Internship:
- Complete a typing and excel proficiency test
- Must be available for a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week, between the hours of 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday
- Fall date
This is an unpaid internship for school-credit. JFS will provide a $500 stipend upon completion of the internship.
This internship will be located at 8804 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92123 a majority of the time. There will be times that the intern will travel to different event sites as appropriate. Must be willing to drive for internship in own vehicle and provide valid proof of insurance and driver’s license.
How to Apply:
Apply online www.jfssd.org/internapp.
About Jewish Family Service:
Jewish Family Service (JFS) is a premier social service agency with a wide range of services that Empower Individuals & Families to Move Toward Self-Sufficiency, Support Aging With Dignity, and Foster Community Connection & Engagement across San Diego. Together with dedicated volunteers, we serve thousands of individuals and families each year.
JFS provides essential services to people regardless of religion, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, ability, gender identity/expression, or sexual orientation.
Strengthen the individual, enhance the family, protect the vulnerable, with human services based on Jewish values.
For more information on JFS, please visit:
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Musical Entertainers Needed!
- Event Planning Internship
- Development Administrative...
- Experience Career and Employment...
- Friendly Match: Mentor a Refugee...
- St. Paul's Cathedral: Help...
- Prepare Warm Meals to Feed Your...
- Give a Ride and a Smile: Older...
- Community Presenter Wanted!...
- Mandarin Translator
- Jewish BIGPals: Mentors Needed!
- Nutrition Server: Help Serve...
- Camp Pendleton & Murphy Canyon:...
- Blog & Social Media Internship
- Corner Market Volunteer: Restore...
- Food Pantry Warehouse Volunteers...
- Home Not Alone: Help an Older...
- Nonprofit Reception Support...
- Activity Instructor/Facilitator
- Facilities Assitant