Volunteer chefs are needed at Catholic Charities homeless shelter, Nightingale. Nightingale is a shelter for those that have just been discharged from the hospital, or are ill and need constant medical attention. Nightingale houses 15 residents. Chefs are needed to use their creativity and culinary skills to prepare and cook meals for those 15 residents while adhering to state safety and sanitary regulations. Responsibilities include preparing food, cleaning kitchen area after use, and educating clients on proper food handling techniques. This is opportunity to gain experience preparing food for people while giving back to the community.
**MANY OF THE RESIDENTS ARE DIABETIC, SO EXPERIENCE WITH THAT AREA OF FOOD PREPARATION IS A PLUS**
**BASIC COOKING SKILLS ARE OK, AS LONG AS YOU CAN PREPARE MEAL ADHERING TO SAFETY AND SANITARY REGULATIONS**
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Twice a week every week.
- Food handler's card
- After Care Mentor Volunteer
- Donation Sorter
- Karaoke Group at Homeless Shelter
- Computer Lab Volunteers
- Be a resource to your community...
- Immigration Department Office...
- Yoga Instructor
- Enjoy working with kids?...
- Front Desk Receptionist for...
- Chef for Homeless Shelters
- Welcome Desk Volunteer
- Volunteer Fitness Instructors...
- Bingo Group at Homeless Shelter
- Lead a fun and Active Zumba...
- Help individuals and families...
- BRIDGES After School Program Tutor
- Hairstylist for Homeless Shelters
- Interested in being a community...