Find out what everyone loves about Pacific Science Center! Help us by talking to our guests about their experiences at the Science Center and collecting those responses to be used by our Evaluation team.
The Evaluation department is looking for enthusiastic self-starters who enjoy working independently. This is a flexible volunteer opportunity to work with a small team to collect and process data for a variety of Science Center programs and initiatives. Many of our grant-funded projects require us to measure to what extent we are meeting the goals we have set. We do this by surveying or interviewing participants during programs, at events, and in our exhibits. The Data Squad is essential to the completion of evaluation for multiple programs and initiatives, and our Data Squad Volunteers do the majority of this work!
A love of talking with members of the public and interest in audience research is highly desired.
Pacific Science Center is an independent non-profit educational institution located in Seattle that ignites curiosity in every child and fuels a passion for discovery, experimentation, and critical thinking in all of us. We bring science to life. Our award-winning, interactive programs reach more than 1.1 million people each year - in their communities, classrooms, and on our campus.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Public Relations
- Market Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 regular shifts a month for 6 months. 11am to 2pm
- Horticulture Exhibit Volunteer...
- Tinker Tank Facilitator...
- Lake Washington Watershed...
- Data Squad Volunteer
- Science Interpretation Program...
- What is Reality – Volunteer...
- Guest Ambassador Station Volunteer
- Field Trip Ambassador Volunteer
- Join the Science Interpretation...
- Guest Ambassador Volunteer (18+)
- Enthusiastic Special Event...
- Development Donor Records...
- Polliwog Preschool Intern (Unpaid)
- Development Intern (Unpaid)