The purpose of our Classroom Assistant is to support the lead and/or assistant teacher in managing the overall day-to-day operations of their assigned classroom.
Our Classroom Assistants can work in our Pontiac or Walled Lake preschool. This role is responsible for assisting our teaching with:
- Implementing developmentally appropriate activities.
- Assisting children with craft projects, playing games, reading stories and free-play.
- Engaging in imaginative play with the children in our natural playground.
- Helping to serve food for lunch and snack time.
We ask that you consider volunteering for a few hours each month, for at least six months. Our children really do get attached to our volunteers! An ideal schedule would include at least one, 3-4 hour shift per week between the hours of 9:30 am-12:30 pm and 2-5 pm, Monday through Thursday, though we can offer some flexibility.
Background checks, TB test and a drug screening is required!
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Literacy / Reading
- General Education
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One, three hour shift per week