The Youth Activity Center at the West YMCA offers youth and teens (ages 6-15) a place to gather, socialize, play games, or just relax. Family night is on the first Monday of every month from 6-8. The first hour is activites, crafts and games and the second hour is rock climbing and swimming. In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Member Engagement-Connect with members and make them feel welcome.
- Role model the Y’s core values.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for everyone in the YAC.
- Consistently engages with youth in activities and encourages other youth to participate.
- Lead Activites and crafts projects
- Help staff manage children and groups
- Assists staff and youth in cleaning and organizing game closets, equipment, and supplies.
- Child Development
- Child Care
- Physical Education
- People Skills
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- First Monday from 6-8pm
- Standing for long periods of time, bending and twisting, lift up to 30 lbs
- Birthday Bag Assembly- West Branch
- Safety Ambassador--Caldwell Branch
- Towel Folding Volunteer- West...
- Teen Leader Advisor--Caldwell...
- Kids Night Out Volunteer- West...
- Health & Well-being Floor...
- Climbing Wall Belayer--Caldwell...
- Youth Activity Center...
- Kids' Night Out...
- Gym Supervisor--Caldwell Branch
- Storyteller--Caldwell Branch
- Evening Housekeeping...
- Youth & Government...
- Family Night Volunteer- West...
- YMCA Christmas Run
- Porter Volunteer- West Branch
- Health and Wellbeing Floor...