Voices for Children (CASA)
WhenThu Jun 15, 2017 - Mon Dec 18, 2017
WhereVolunteer site is inIndio, CA 92201
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
- CASA's are appointed by the juvenile depending cart to advocate for children in foster care in cart, school, and the community
- Meet with assigned child at least once per month
- Communicate regularly with UFC advocacy supervisor
- Communicate with child's social worker, caregiver, and other professionals; write cart reports; related meetings and conferees
- Comprehensive training is provided. CASA's who enjoy their role are reliable, empathic, patient, enjoy children, and are comfortable working with professionals and other from diverse background prospective volunteers must complete a background check
- CASA's are asked to make an eighteen-month commitment and spend an average at 10 -15 hours per month avouching for their casa children per, hours vary depending on the child's
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 18 month commitment, 10-15 hours per month
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Voices for Children (CASA)
- California Highway Patrol (...
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Indio Middle School
- Reliance Hospice
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Desert Best Friend's Closet
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Soldiers Organized Services (SOS)
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Cathedral City Library