Voices for Children ( CASA )
WhenThu Jun 15, 2017 - Mon Dec 18, 2017
WhereVolunteer site is inIndio, CA 92201
Court Appointed Special Advocate ( CASA )
Casa's are appointed by the juvenile dependency court to advocate for children in foster care in court, school, and the community.
- Meet with assigned child at least once per month
- Communicate regulary with Advocacy supervisor
- Communicate with child's social worker, caregiver, and other professionals
- Write Court reports
- Attend Casa related meetings and conferences
Training is provided to you!!!!
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 18 month commitment, 10-15 hours per month
- Regional Access Project Foundation
- Baby or Not Pregnancy Choice
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- La Quinta Senior Center
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Neuro Vitality Center
- Braille Institute
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- High School Students needing...
- Paws & Hearts
- The Narrow Door
- YMCA Of The Desert
- SafeHouse of the Desert
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Student Ambassador SafeHouse
- Neuro Vitality Center ( Palm...