Voices for Children ( CASA )
WhenThu Jun 15, 2017 - Mon Dec 18, 2017
WhereVolunteer site is inIndio, CA 92201
Court Appointed Special Advocate ( CASA )
Casa's are appointed by the juvenile dependency court to advocate for children in foster care in court, school, and the community.
- Meet with assigned child at least once per month
- Communicate regulary with Advocacy supervisor
- Communicate with child's social worker, caregiver, and other professionals
- Write Court reports
- Attend Casa related meetings and conferences
Training is provided to you!!!!
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 18 month commitment, 10-15 hours per month
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Voices for Children ( CASA )
- California Highway Patrol (...
- Public Library Assistance
- Palm Desert Library
- Meals on Wheels Drivers
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Palm Springs International Film...
- Cathedral City Library
- Jewish Family Services ( Office...
- Coachella Valley Volunteers In...