Our clinic sponsors a Men's Health Night the last Wednesday of the month 5:30-7:00pm and provides education and prostate exams with referrals for colorectal exams as needed for attendees. We are looking for a male volunteer who is interested in Community Health Outreach and Cancer Prevention to invite and pre-register men to attend this event.
A volunteer in this position will join our staff at outreach events ON WEEKDAYS throughout the month to recruit participants; a flexible schedule is available. Male volunteers who are at least 18 years of age and have a background as a CHW, CNA, MA, LPN, RN or MD or a student are preferred. Hmong, Somali or Spanish fluency is a plus. The goal is to recruit 20 men for each monthly event.
We request a minimum of a 3 month commitment for this position. This is a great volunteer opportunity for community health outreach and medical students to add to their resume!
This position is available starting in January 2017.
- Physician Assistant
- Community Outreach
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- a minimum of 3 months with weekday availability
- Male volunteers who are at least 18 years of age
- Receptionist Intern
- Furniture Moving
- Health Outreach Volunteers with...
- Community Health Outreach Worker...
- Mobile Food Shelf Volunteer Driver
- Health Screening Volunteer
- Volunteer Services Program Intern
- Children's Dental Health Events...
- Computer Savvy? Lend your skills...
- Men's Health Community Outreach...
- Grant Research Volunteer or Intern
- Children's Book Shelf Assistant
- Food Shelf Assistant - Serving...