Purpose: Today, someone will have their first experience with an animal rescue center. We need your help making them feel welcome at AAF. They often do not know how AAF might be able to help them with activities such as helping a stray or adopting from the shelter. The Front Desk Assistant welcomes and assists individuals who visit or call AAF.
Location: The Front Desk Assistant volunteers in the reception area and front desk of AAF, 2480 Ross Millville Road (US-27), Hamilton, OH 45013.
Support: Two months of training for this position will be provided. Assistance from AAF staff and core volunteers will be easily accessible during every shift at the shelter. The Executive Director will appoint the trainer. The Front Desk assistant will report to their trainer (directly) and the Executive Director (indirectly).
- Answers the phone and takes handwritten messages
- Greets guests and directs visitors to appropriate location
- Assist with light administrative duties, such as making copies
- Volunteers with prior office experience may be asked to assist in their areas of ability and interest - in addition to the responsibilities above.
- Reports to the Executive Director (indirectly) and their appointed trainer (directly)
Length of Appointment: The Front Desk Assistant is assigned to one weekly shift (1pm-4pm or 4pm-7pm) for two months alongside their trainer. After two months, the volunteer may choose a different weekly shift.
- This role is best for volunteers who are pleasant, polite, professional, patient, and dependable. Prior experience in a similar work or volunteer role is required.
- Applicants must provide two references who will recommend them for a role that may serve directly with AAF visitors, involve sensitive private information, and grant them access to items of monetary value.
- Age Requirement: 20
- Office Reception
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly 3-hour shift