Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center is looking for certified animal-assisted therapy teams (owner and dog) to visit patients in outpatient oncology, rehabilitation, children's behavioral health and our skilled nursing facility.
Owners must be able to provide veterinary records and animal-assisted therapy certification to apply for the volunteer program.
Animal-assisted therapy (AAT) is a program designed to improve our patients' overall well-being. Teams will offer companionship and affection through friendly interactions with our patients. Teams generally spend an hour in the hospital and 5-10 minutes with each patient.
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week
- Environmental Services Volunteer
- Radiology Greeter
- Patient Ambassador
- Cardiology Volunteer
- Medical Staff Administration
- Occupational Therapy Volunteer
- Emergency Department Patient...
- Maternal Child Services volunteer
- GI Lab Greeter
- Resale Shop
- Food Services
- Radiology Volunteer
- Animal-Assisted Therapy
- Anticoagulation Clinic Volunteer
- Ambulatory Surgery Pre-procedure...
- Employee Health Services Volunteer